Win together or Lose Together
- You cannot win without your spouse winning.
- Your spouse cannot win without you winning.
- Work together, win together.
- Take your spouse down, and you don’t win – you lose.
- Build your spouse up, and you win.
Fighting for Control
The best person to control is yourself. Not someone else.
- When you bully, deceive or manipulate someone, you destroy trust.
- When you control others, you create resentment.
- When you show contempt, you receive contempt. When you tear someone down behind their back, you breed bitterness.
And you alone are responsible for your own decisions.
Do the opposite of fighting for control.
- When you love, stay honest, and respect their freedom, you build trust.
- When you respect their right to make decisions for themselves, you prevent resentment and encourage them to treat you likewise.
- When you show love, you warm their hearts.
- Wen you build them up behind their back, you breed love.
And again, you are responsible for your own decisions.
What will you do today to benefit from this article?
- What will you do tomorrow and the next day?
- After a few days, a week, month, or year, review whether this article helped you and your marriage and your family life.
- See if it also affected your relationships at work and your friendships, too.
- See if it affected your relationships with your in-laws and parents and children.