Fun Marriage Preparation Questions
I think it’s great fun and highly beneficial to discuss with friends questions about marriage long before you start feeling strong attractions for somebody or start considering them for marriage.
- It’s fun.
- It’s enlightening.
- It helps you think about what to expect when that time comes.
- It helps you avoid getting into the wrong relationship.
- It helps you avoid being blindsided terribly by problems after marriage.
- It prepares you well for marriage.
What If You Didn’t Discuss These Questions?
Well, it’s never too late to start.
- Have you found that one person you might want to spend your life with?
- Have you thought about how many kids you might want?
- Have you discussed when you would want kids?
- Do you agree on your plans for moral and religious upbringing?
- Have you discussed cultural differences?
- Have you discussed food preferences?
- What hopes do you have for vacations?
- What family traditions do you hope to continue or establish?
- Have you discussed how you will handle various financial decisions or goals?
- What are your hopes and dreams for your career and where to live?
- Do you want pets?
- How will you spend holidays with family?
What Questions Will You Discuss?
Do you have questions of your own you want to ask? You may want to write those down and make up questions of your own. Do you think there are important questions you may be avoiding or forgetting? Perhaps you might want to consider picking up a book on questions for couples in the store, or you can get an ebook immediately online here:
1000 Questions for Couples
Note: We do receive a commission when you buy using this link. But our feelings won’t be hurt if you find another book elsewhere or make up questions of your own.
Eileen and I bought one of these e-books along with other e-books. This one was a little scary at first as there is that fear that we will find something we didn’t like and call off the wedding. But that simply did not happen. We had fun. it opened up discussion and helped us get to know each other, and in all, we fell more in love with each other than before. Then after we were married, it helped us know what to expect as we encountered various situations.
Our purpose in putting this website together is to help save marriages and families. For the last 20 years, it has not been a money making endeavor, and our costs far exceeded our income. But that’s OK as long as someone is helped. If some children can grow up in an unbroken, happy home, then we’re happy, too.