Win together or Lose Together
Here are some reasons to fight fairly in a marriage:
- When your spouse loses, you lose.
- When your spouse wins, you win.
- When you both win, your children win.
- When you try to hurt each other, your children hurt most.
A house divided cannot stand.
Every family member needs every other family member to be at their best.
Fighting for Control
The best person to control is yourself. Not someone else.
- When you bully, deceive or manipulate someone, you destroy trust and good will.
- When you control others, you create resentment.
- When you show contempt, you receive contempt.
- When you tear someone down behind their back, you breed bitterness.
Every one of us can do better.
Do the opposite of fighting for control.
- When you love, stay honest, and respect their freedom, you build trust.
- When you respect their right to make decisions for themselves, you prevent resentment and encourage them to treat you likewise.
- When you show love, you warm their hearts.
- Wen you build them up behind their back, you breed love.
And again, you are responsible for your own decisions.
What will you do today to benefit from this article?
- What will you do tomorrow and the next day?
- After a few days, a week, month, or year, review whether this article helped you and your marriage and your family life.
- See if it also affected your relationships at work and your friendships, too.
- See if it affected your relationships with your in-laws and parents and children.