Unilateral No-Fault Divorce Infects America?
Around 1970, a California State Assemblyman wanted to divorce his wife of 25 years. He wanted to dodge the consequences at her expense.
So, he used his influence to change the divorce laws.
She died broke. He went on to live his life in luxury with his lover.
Bait and Switch
No Fault Divorce was a major bait-and-switch operation.
- Promises were made
- Grief was delivered.
No-fault divorce was sold to legislators with empty promises.
- No-fault divorce wouldn’t require fighting to fix blame on somebody.
- No-fault divorces were less acrimonious making reconciliation easier.
- Fault based divorces were costly and painful.
This was one big legislative fraud.
- Bilateral No-Fault requires couples to come to agreement on the divorce.
- Unilateral no-fault does not.
Once bilateral no-fault divorce was put into law, it was quickly converted to unilateral no-fault.
If I am not mistaken, I understand this is the one law Governor Reagan regretted most signing into law. And it poisoned the rest of the nation.
The only winners were the attorneys.
Injustice for the Faithful and their children.
Unilateral no-fault divorce does not require agreement between the couple divorcing. It robs the innocent parties to reward the unfaithful.
With bilateral no-fault divorce, the faithful spouse can refuse to agree to the divorce unless it is on his or her terms or unless the divorce is a fault-based divorce. The unfaithful or abusive spouse might have to give up the home, the custody of the children, the car, and other property to avoid being taken to court for a fault-based divorce.
With unilateral no-fault divorce, an unfaithful spouse can have an affair, end the marriage, declare “no-fault”, and split everything evenly.
The children suffer having their family and home life ripped in half. The unfaithful partner may get benefits since the court might feel the children would be better off with a couple than a single parent. The rejected but faithful parent may be kicked out of the home, robbed of children, and forced to pay child support to a couple who broke their marriage.
The courts typically use the excuse that family court is not about justice, but it is for the best well-being of the children. Yet this is a lie. The children need a foundation of secure, faithful family love. It is commonly understood that children need their parents to love each as much if not more than they need their parents to love the children.
While the family courts pretend to pursue the well-being of children, children suffer
- higher suicide rates
- more academic failure
- more promiscuity
- more drug abuse
- more depression and anxiety
- more marital failures when they become adults
Apparently children are not as “resilient” as adulterers pretend they are. Even when the faithful parents act like adults and the courts foolishly pretend that adultery is “mature” and “reasonable”.
The Influence We Really Need
We need influence to reverse this bane on society.
- We should demand our rights for justice.
- We should demand truth.
- We should demand child custody for the faithful and non-violent.
- We should hold the unfaithful accountable.
- We should do all this Without apology, asking permission, or seeking approval.
We are the ones being violated.
We should demand that the state stop robbing the faithful and their children of their property and their right to live together in the shared family dwelling in love without molestation from the state.
We should never soften that message or apologize for it.
We should demand the state stop prostituting justice in the courts holding out their hands for money while threatening the faithful and their children with injustice.
The cowardice of this is unforgivable, unethical, unreasonable.
- We should demand the courts stop gaslighting
- and stop retaliating like cowards against those who ask fair and reasonable questions
- or call for honest justice rather than excuses.
We should teach children and adults
- to honor their vows with integrity.
- to eschew the immorality that is shoved down everybody’s throats in the media, the news, and the schools.
- demand the right to remove our children from schools where this immorality is forced upon them.
- teach people to marry wisely
- teach engaged couples to prepare effectively
- and not to value the ceremony more than the family and the promises made.
- What will you do today to influence your family for the best?
- What will you do this week, month, and year?
- Will you set a date to review what you have done and the impact it had?
What would you give up to help families become happier, healthier, and supportive?
Will you do it for the love of others?
Will you do it for the love of children?