Who has a special calling to be a hero for your family?
Will you let it be someone else outside your family?
- A movie star?
- A cartoon character?
- A sports figure?
- A crusader for the environment or human rights?
- Your child’s teacher or best friend’s mom or dad?
Why are those people heroes instead of you?
- Is it for a reason you don’t care about, and that’s OK?
- Is it because they play sports better?
- Is it because they sing better?
- Is it because they’re “popular” with the kids?
- Do you like or merely tolerate their moral example?
- Would you be happy if your kids were more like them?
Are you not their hero because their heroes have more character? That may be a good thing.
- Are they better examples of courageous integrity?
- Do their heroes love more faithfully than you?
- Or are you a better hero?
- Are you a better friend, mentor, protector, provider emotionally?
- Are you a wiser encourager?
- Are you happy your family has the best heroes including yourself and those within your family?
Nobody but Jesus Christ can be a better hero for your family than you unless you let them.
The Greatest Hero
If there is a perfectly loving, perfectly wise, supremely powerful God, would you give Him the honor He is due? Would you lead your family toward Him or away from Him and to complete eternal destruction?
Would you be the best hero you can be for your family starting today?
If you were to plan out every day each week one thing you would do to be a hero to each family member, what would you do?
Suggestion: Write up your plan for this week and post it onto Facebook or Twitter with two tags:
#nodivorces and #hero