Sincerity Marriage Agreement
- We do solemnly declare that marriage is a covenant between a man and a woman who agree to live together as husband and wife for so long as they both may live.
- We have chosen each other carefully and disclosed to one another everything which could adversely affect the decision to enter into this marriage.
- We have received premarital counseling on the nature, purposes, and responsibilities of marriage.
- We have read the Covenant Marriage Act, and we understand that a Covenant Marriage is for life.
- If we experience martial difficulties, we commit ourselves to take all reasonable efforts to preserve our marriage, including marital counseling.
With full knowledge of what this commitment means, we do hereby demand that all governments and family courts behave with integrity and honorable respect of our God given right to enter into a legitimately binding marriage agreement where we promise to love, honor, and care for one another as husband and wife for the rest of our lives.
We both agree that it is cowardly, dishonest, and reprehensible to deny the rights of the children and their faithful parents to live together in love enjoying the shared family assets and income in peace without threat of injustice, robbery, or attorney extortion under the guise of no-fault divorce legislation.
We renounce and denounce our right to do so and declare our wish to be held responsible for our own choices and to accept honestly that we are at fault if we should bring the demise of our family unjustly for reason of our wrong doing. We declare our wish that the primary custody and care of the children and the home will remain with the party not at fault should a divorce take place.
We agree we have received premarital, or postmarital counseling from a priest, ministry, rabbi, cleark of the Religious Society of Friends, any clergyman of any religious sect, or a marriage counselor, which counseling shall include a discussion of the seriousness of this covenant, communicatino fo the fact that a covenant marriage is a commitment for life, a discussion of the obligation to seek marrital counseling in times of marital difficulties, and a discussion of the exclusive grounds for legally terminating a covenant marriage by divorce or by divorce after a judgment of separation from bed and board.
The signature of both parties witnessed by a notary.
If one or both of the parties are minors, the written consent or authorization of those persons required under the Children's Code to consent to or authorize the marriage of minors.
The declaration shall contain two separate documents, the recitation and the affidavit, the latter of which shall include the attestation either included therein or attached thereto. The recitation shall be prepared in duplicate originals, one of which shall be retained by the parties and the other, together with the affidavit and attestation, shall be filed with the counselor and given to friends and family.
Please make comments and suggestions on how to make this agreement better!!!